
I just had the best weekend! Amanda came up from Tallahassee and we had such a great time. Friday was laid back, we just went out for Mexican and caught up. Saturday we did a little baby shopping for Cammie and Amanda's boy, Matty! We also went out to the pool for a couple of hours and then went to see the movie "The Proposal", which I thought was pretty good, and then met up with Karen at Seasons 52 for dinner. That place is soooo good and nothing on the menu is over 475 calories and the menu changes seasonally. A little gimmicky, but everything there is delicious!
Yesterday we took a day trip up to Helen and had lunch on the river and watched tons of people float by on their tubes and then we went to a bunch of the little shops and walked around. Helen is such an odd place, it's this little German town in the middle of nowhere which has a huge Oktoberfest celebration, and I figured this time of year it would be totally dead but actually it was pretty packed. The weather was a perfect 75 degrees, which is a little cool for July, but trust me, I am not complaining. By the end of the trip my feet were a little swollen, but other than that we held up pretty well! We got home around 6:00 and just realxed for a little while and then Bert grilled up some burgers and corn that we bought from a produce stand on the side of the road. The guy said it would be the best corn we ever had, and he may have been right, it was so good!
This morning Amanda left and I was a little bummed because we had so much fun, but as usual time went by too fast and I realized that we won't be seeing each other again until New Years when the babies get to meet! I am happy to say only seven weeks till my due date and six weeks until I go on maternity leave at work, that is of course, unless Cammie wants to come a little early :-) I am feeling healthy except some nights I really can't sleep, it's hard to get comfy when you have a huge baby bump and every time you move your bladder gets squished. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, with my actual doctor who I haven't seen in a couple of months so hopefully I will get a good report. I actually think I saw him at Seasons 52 on Saturday, but I thought I'd leave him be, he was on a date with his wife and probably didn't want to chat with one of his preggo patients in a parking lot!
This Friday I am looking forward to my baby shower thrown by my coworkers. It should be a lot of fun and I am so happy that two of my friends that work from home are driving i n from other states to attend!
Yesterday we took a day trip up to Helen and had lunch on the river and watched tons of people float by on their tubes and then we went to a bunch of the little shops and walked around. Helen is such an odd place, it's this little German town in the middle of nowhere which has a huge Oktoberfest celebration, and I figured this time of year it would be totally dead but actually it was pretty packed. The weather was a perfect 75 degrees, which is a little cool for July, but trust me, I am not complaining. By the end of the trip my feet were a little swollen, but other than that we held up pretty well! We got home around 6:00 and just realxed for a little while and then Bert grilled up some burgers and corn that we bought from a produce stand on the side of the road. The guy said it would be the best corn we ever had, and he may have been right, it was so good!
This morning Amanda left and I was a little bummed because we had so much fun, but as usual time went by too fast and I realized that we won't be seeing each other again until New Years when the babies get to meet! I am happy to say only seven weeks till my due date and six weeks until I go on maternity leave at work, that is of course, unless Cammie wants to come a little early :-) I am feeling healthy except some nights I really can't sleep, it's hard to get comfy when you have a huge baby bump and every time you move your bladder gets squished. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, with my actual doctor who I haven't seen in a couple of months so hopefully I will get a good report. I actually think I saw him at Seasons 52 on Saturday, but I thought I'd leave him be, he was on a date with his wife and probably didn't want to chat with one of his preggo patients in a parking lot!
This Friday I am looking forward to my baby shower thrown by my coworkers. It should be a lot of fun and I am so happy that two of my friends that work from home are driving i n from other states to attend!
No comments:
Post a Comment