Monday, August 17, 2009

If These Walls Could Talk...

This has been an eventful and interesting week in preparing for baby Camryn. I have wanted to start getting Miller prepared for the baby for a while but I didn't want to start too early because I didn't want him to forget his lessons, so we finally started "school" on Saturday. The reason I am so set on making sure he's prepared is because has always been the center of attention and when he's not, he has been known to exhibit jealousy. I know in my heart that he'd never do anything to hurt the baby, but it's more about destroying her stuff-and his weapon of choice is pee. Saturday we took a baby doll that we bought, diapered it up, put lotion on it (trying to make it smell like baby) and played a CD that I ordered online called "Preparing Fido" which is of baby cries and other baby sounds meant to prepare pets for a baby. We hung out in the nursery and let Miller in for the first time and he looked really puzzled, and just kind of sniffed around. If there was a hidden camera in there, Bert and I could probably get admitted to the looney bin for the whole scene! Bert also set up the swing and bassinet this weekend and we let Miller check them out and he really wasn't that interested. Bert did a great job of setting everything up, I know he was biting his tongue not to swear when we saw that the swing came in twenty pieces.
Before...

After....

Random cute bunny that was in our yard.


Also I got my first weird pregnancy thing this weekend. I have had a very easy pregnancy, no morning sickness, no cravings, pretty energetic, so I am not complaining, but this is just weird. So Saturday I was at the nail salon and my wrist started hurting, but I thought nothing of it. Then that night I woke up twice during the night with completely numb hands. When I got up yesterday I "googled" it and apparently about 25% of pregnant women develop carpal tunnel symptoms since swelling can compress the nerves in your wrist. I woke up this morning and again one of my hands had no feeling, so I'm guessing this will go on until Cammie makes her debut.

Last week's doctors appointment went great, I saw my doctor and he said that the baby had dropped a little bit. I am going back today, so hopefully she's a little closer to coming out. Bert is so excited to meet the baby, he has me walking around Target to try to get her to drop faster and this weekend we are trying out the old Atlanta wives tale of going to Scalini's which is an Italian restaurant about 45 minutes away, and I have to eat the eggplant Parmesan, which supposedly induces labor. I'll pack my hospital bag....just in case! I am considered full term now, so I am up for anything!

UPDATE: I went to the doctor today, and while it doesn't appear that Camryn will be coming anytime too soon, she is most likely going to be a bigger baby. The midwife said she is already 7-7 1/2 pounds, and they want to do an ultrasound in two weeks to take measurements if she hasn't already come!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds very exciting! It has been great following your preparations on this blog. I hope you have a very easy delivery!

Heather said...

Thanks Amy, I like reading your blog too, and seeing all the yummy places to eat in Atlanta! Hope you are doing well!