We are now on the four week countdown, and are pretty much ready for the baby to get here! We put the finishing touches on the nursery yesterday, and went to Babies R Us to buy most of the essentials that hadn't been purchased off of the registry. Mostly the "non-fun" stuff that people don't want to give as gifts like the sheets, car seat base, dishwasher racks, etc. We are pretty much all set except for the baby monitor, which I hear is a "must have".
Friday night Bert and I stayed home and decided to cook dinner together. We got a recipe for a monte cristo sandwich from my Cooking Light cookbook and decided to give it a try. It wasn't was good as the greasy Bennigan's version, but quite yummy nonetheless. Also Bert has been offering to make me fried pickles for months and I haven't taken him up on it because A) they are super bad for you and B) I honestly didn't think they would be as good as the restaurant version. I was wrong, they were so good!
Friday night Bert and I stayed home and decided to cook dinner together. We got a recipe for a monte cristo sandwich from my Cooking Light cookbook and decided to give it a try. It wasn't was good as the greasy Bennigan's version, but quite yummy nonetheless. Also Bert has been offering to make me fried pickles for months and I haven't taken him up on it because A) they are super bad for you and B) I honestly didn't think they would be as good as the restaurant version. I was wrong, they were so good!
Looks like french toast, but there was turkey, ham and swiss in there!
So bad, but oh, so good!!

We also did the hospital tour on Saturday and that is one nice hospital. If not for the hospitally smell, I might think I was at a spa! Bamboo floors, flat screen TV's and even a jacuzzi tub in the birthing room. I'm sure I won't feel like I am at the spa when I am actually there in labor, but I like the facility and the fact that its five minutes from home.
I am feeling good, just really tired! Also this weekend was really hot. Almost 100 degrees! I told Bert that when Camryn is older and giving me a hard time I am going to remind her that I was nine months pregnant with her in the hottest month of the year! And they don't call it HOTlanta for nothing!
We found out this morning that Bert's good friend Chad's wife is in labor! They are joining the "baby girl club". And she is coming nearly two weeks early. I have labor envy! I just hope Cammie doesn't decide to come late, but I will just be happy when she arrives healthy.
Well I have my weekly doctor's appointment tomorrow, with my own doctor. I saw a different doctor last Tuesday and he seemed slightly concerned that the baby is still up so high in my belly. I didn't really discuss it with him at the time, but I will ask my doctor about it tomorrow.
3 comments:
I am still dreaming about those pickles.....love you!
-Bert
Your Monte Cristos look pretty good!
Carrie
flat sceen tvs & a jacuzzi?? in the city you have to pay extra if you want a 10" 1980's tv that gets 4 channels!! - Alison
Post a Comment