Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cheers to 2010!

We officially survived the holidays! Ahhh, time to relax! Christmas was wonderful, just spent time with Bert and Camryn, and had our friend Patrick over for dinner. We all got lots of goodies. My favorite being the hot stone massage that I plan on cashing in this weekend. Our main gift to each other is bicycles, but we are going to wait until the weather warms up to go pick them out. Camryn got some clothes and toys, and I think her favorite is this blanky/bear that she likes to "talk to" and chew on!
The day after Christmas Grandma Jennine and Grandpa Jim came up and spent some quality time with us. They got to watch Camryn's first time in her Jumper. She loves all of the toys and buttons and music on it, but she hasn't quite figured out the "jumping" part of it yet.

After their visit we drove down to Tallahassee for New Year's with the Dietz family! When I get with Amanda I have a tendency to forget I'm not in college anymore, so staying up till 4AM drinking champagne and chitchatting may not be the best idea! It was so much fun, and great to meet her little boy, Matty! I would have to say that Camryn was checking him out, but he's still so little, he barely gave her the time of day :-)


Now we are back to the daily grind, and I am glad to get back into some type of routine. Camryn had her four month doctors appointment. She is very healthy! 14lbs, 10 oz (70%) and 25.5 inches (87%). To quote Dr. Khan, "she's just perfect!" She got two shots today. I hate, hate, hate that part of the visit. She just wails and looks at me like "you traitor!" Ugh. Heartbreaking! I asked the doctor about starting her on solid food and she pretty much said no need to rush, so I am gonna wait another month and see if she's ready.

The biggest changes I am noticing now is that she's really starting to pay attention to things. She'll entertain herself with her toys for a little while. She'll sit there and look at the pages if I read to her. I can prop her up on my bed with a children's program on and take a WHOLE SHOWER without a single cry. Sometimes even blow dry my hair too. When she was born there were days I couldn't even squeeze a shower in, so this is major progress. She also figured out the joys of splashing around in her little tub!

Well lately I think every age for Camryn is my "favorite age", but I can honestly say four months has been a lot of fun, and I'm torn because while part of me wants her to stay my little peanut forever, I really love watching her grow and learn new things!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think her hair is turning light - even blonde! I can't believe it! Who would have thought we would have a gorgeous little blue-eyed blondie?

Heather said...

wow, you jumperoo is a monster too! I love that pic of Cammy and Matty, too cute!