Monday, February 8, 2010

Little Miss Big Girl

I can hardly believe our little baby girl is five months old! The past few weeks have been pretty eventful. Camryn got to meet her Grandpa Vinny for the first time and it was awesome, he kissed her toes and got some good giggles. He was a proud grandpa to say the least! She also got to see her Uncle Jay again, and she is crazy about him. I wonder if it’s because we look alike, she just feels comfortable around him.

Camryn is also sitting up on her own now. One day I had her propped up against the back of the couch and all of a sudden she straightened her back and has pretty much been sitting ever since. Sometimes she’ll get distracted and fall over, but practice makes perfect. She has also been eating solid foods, so far rice cereal, oatmeal, carrots, and tonight will be bananas. She seemed to like the carrots the best, but what a huge mess! I was kinda just letting her get messy, thinking, whatever it’ll come out in the wash, but guess what, the carrots STAIN! So we bought the vinyl bibs and last night I fed her in only her diaper and bib. Funny sight to see. She also sat for the first time in a restaurant highchair, on our girl’s lunch outing (sans poor Emersen who had a little fever). She kept looking at Sylvie, like “oh yeah, I’m a big girl too!”

It’s only Monday and I’m already wishing for the weekend. Bert and I are celebrating Valentine’s Day this Saturday. After Camryn goes to bed, we are going to cook up a romantic dinner and just relax and enjoy our time together. Can’t wait!

No comments: