Thursday, September 16, 2010

Birthday Party Weekend

So the birthday party weekend is over and things are starting to go back to "normal". Grandma Lori, Grandpa Frank and Uncle Jay came in from my side of the family as well as Grandma Jennine and cousins Callighan and Tristian from Bert's side. We all had a great time, mostly just hanging out and enjoying each other's company. The party went very well, and it looked like everyone had a nice time. We rented out the clubhouse to have more space and I'm so glad we did or it would have been really packed in our house. I kept the decorations pretty minimal with some balloons and a banner that I made with all of Camryn's monthly photos, showing her grow from months one through eleven. I also had a playroom with some of Camryn's toys and a poster that Nicole designed for me that "Camryn's World" instead of "Elmo's World" which came out awesome! Camryn had a good time playing with her friends and she looked so cute in her special birthday tutu. We had pizza for lunch and cupcakes for dessert. We sang Happy Birthday and gave Camryn her smash cake, but she just poked at it and licked the icing off her finger. I wasn't disappointed because we didn't have the luxury of throwing her into a bathtub. I'm convinced the girl doesn't like cake, that was the fourth time I offered her some, I know this because we've been to three other birthday parties recently, and she has turned down the cake each time. Crazy!

Tomorrow is Friday and our plan is to have no plans and relax. Saturday I'm going on a girl's night out with Heather and a bunch of other girls. It's been a while and long overdue.

In new Camryn news she is now walking nearly 100% of the time. She will still crawl if she really needs to get to something in a hurry, but she likes walking back and forth and bringing me things from her kitchen. She is very smart. When I tell her "I love you" she starts blowing me kisses, she brushes her hair and her teeth and wipes down her own highchair tray. I'm one very proud mom of a one year old girl!

**Almost forgot to mention, we took Camryn for her 12 month dr appt, she is doing great! 20lbs 10oz (37%) and 30 1/4" tall (79%). She is also on whole milk and totally off bottles! What a big girl!


Bert and Camryn with the Boys.




Playing with Tristian.



These were so delicious.



The birthday girl with her friends.



Lalalala Camryn's World!



Hanging out with Uncle Jay - who spoils her rotten!

2 comments:

Baby Harrison said...

the subject matter in the first photo is great, but the outfit camryn has on? hm. :)

Unknown said...

Time for an October post!