Sunday, March 15, 2009

"I'd Rather Laugh With The Sinners Than Cry With The Saints" - Billy Joel

So last night was the Billy Joel/Elton John concert that I have been waiting for for months. It was awesome! Both performers were amazing, but in my opinion Billy Joel was a far better entertainer, and by this I mean joking with the audience, getting up from the piano to dance or play guitar, etc. I knew every Billy Joel song, and the majority of Elton's so it was fun to sing along and watch the "legends" play together! I will post some concert pics soon. Bert and I decided that it was a good idea to take the train down since it was raining and there were a number of events in the city that would cause traffic. Well the train was totally packed and hot and I was dreading taking it home, because I knew it would be even more packed! LUCKILY, our friends Carrie and Bob were at the concert too, and they offered to drive us back to the train station that our car was at. I was soooo grateful!

Today Bert and I slept in, which is a rarity, and went to the mall. I got a few more maternity shirts, because I realized most of the shirts I got before are on the dressier side, and I dress really casually for work. I think between what I already bought, what Karen loaned me and what my neighbor said she will loan me, I will hopefully be good in the clothes department for at least a few months! Also, I could be imagining things, but I may have felt a few kicks. I heard they feel like a butterfly fluttering in your stomach and I have felt that a couple of times over the past few days.

I am looking forward to a great, busy work week, that I hope will go by fast, because next weekend Bert and I are babysitting sweet baby Sylvie!

No comments: