Thursday, September 17, 2009

Two week birthday!

Boy, do I feel out of the loop! I can't believe my little baby is two weeks old today! I can already see some changes in her from when she was first born. She seems a little bigger, and that dark hair is a little longer. She looks more and more like her daddy every day, but I still see a little bit of myself in her. She has been a really good baby. She seems to get fussy about twice a day, and the past three nights she has been pretty good about sleeping. We actually have to wake her up a couple of times per night to feed her! I am hoping pretty soon she'll be sleeping through the night!

My mom and Frank are here now, cooking Bert and I lots of great food and helping with the baby. The actually gave us the night off the other night and Bert and I went out for sushi. It was great! I hadn't had any "real" sushi since December! I also had my first beer in nine months the other night. I was drinking it so slowly since I was afraid I was going to get bombed off of one beer-but I didn't. It was probably the best tasting beer I ever had, and it was only a Miller Lite!
I am feeling good, and proud to say, today is my first day with a non-maternity shirt on, and a wedding band that fits! Normal jeans here I come!

Bert has been a really huge help and I honestly give him a lot of credit. He does the morning feedings so I can get some sleep, and has been a really supportive husband while we both get adjusted to parenthood. I am a little nervous about next week when we don't have any of our parents here, but I know that we will be just fine :-)
Today is our second doctors appointment and I will post about it later on. At her first appointment, she had put on half an ounce since she left the hospital, which they said is great. They also scared the bejezus out of me about the swine flu, so don't expect to see me or the baby out in public for about 18 years.
Hopefully my future posts won't be so few and far between. I'm sure we'll be on some type of routine soon!

This was taken on Camryn's one week birthday.


We like to call her "grandma" in these PJs!

Hanging out in her huge hairband with some close friends!

Daddy got her this one:


Doctor's appointment update: Camryn is doing great! She is now 7 lbs 6 oz, she gained a lot since last week but is only in the 19th percentile of weight for her age. She is my little peanut! She is 21 1/4 inches long which is the 81st percentile. For right now she is long and lean! I am very happy to get such a great report!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just love the picture of her with that big bow on her tiny little head!!

Anonymous said...

You're awesome!!!

-Bert

Eric said...

You guys are TOTALLY AWESOME!!!
I LOVE and miss you.
In spirit, I am there.
Always.
xo
E