Monday, May 18, 2009

Don't worry - be happy! Week 24!

I am now about halfway through week 24, and I am finally starting to feel the pressure that I have A LOT to do in approximately sixteen weeks. Usually I like to get things done super early, but for some reason the thought of dismantling my guest room and office has not been that appealing, so I have been putting things off. I did get in the bedding last week, and it is SO cute (thanks mom and Rebecca), here is a pic:

I didn't get all of the accessories, but I must admit, I got a lot of them!

Now I am about to order the crib and pick out my paint colors, and try to squeeze our guest room bed into the office. Keep your fingers crossed for me, because we don't really have a backup plan, but Bert thinks we can do it, so I'll have faith :-) I called the place that we are getting the crib from today and they told me that if I want to guarantee that it will get here in time, I need to order it by next week, so that pretty much sent me into a minor frenzy, but Bert and I went for a nice walk and I feel much better!

Last week I did my gestational diabetes test, and I haven't heard anything back, so hopefully no news is good news. The glucose drink wasn't that bad taste-wise, but it made Camryn's little heart pound, and gave me an all day headache!

This past weekend, we had Heather's shower at Mittie's Tea Room in Roswell, I think she had a good time, and I know I did! She got some really cute gifts. Baby girl stuff is just so sweet!! I should have some pics posted soon. It was nice to see some of her friends that I only see a few times a year! One of her oldest friends, Shelby, who I have known for at least the nine years that I have lived here brought a little outfit for Camryn. How nice is that!! After that we went to a couples BBQ for our neighbors, Scott and Gina, it was really fun and the food was great! I get tired so early nowadays so I was proud that I made it till 10:30. Pitiful :-)

This coming weekend for memorial day we are flying down to South Florida to see Bert's family, some of my family and some good friends! Also my brother and sister are flying down, so it will be great to see them too! I always feel like we are so busy when we go down there, and we are spread so thin, but we'll do our best to spend time with everyone, one last time before the baby comes!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love the room! And I had a great time at my shower! Thank you (and Karen and Yvett) so much for throwing it for me!!! Next up - your shower!