We just got back from a four day weekend in Savannah, and Camryn's first stay in a hotel. I am so proud of that little girl. You would think she's a seasoned traveler! We got a suite at the Inn at Ellis Square, so that we would have two seperate rooms and not have to tip toe around at 7PM when the baby goes to sleep. Not to mention Camryn wakes up in the middle of the night to talk to herself (probably reflecting on her day :-) ) and it wakes me up, and she just falls right back asleep, and I'm left wide awake!


We met our good friends Amanda, Chris, and Camryn's possible future husband Matty there for the weekend. On Friday when we arrived we did a little shopping and exploring and went to a restuarant called Tubby's for dinner. We sat on the deck and enjoyed the weather and the company! That night we put the baby to bed and brought Chris and Amanda over the monitor to watch the baby while Bert and I went out. We had suites next door to each other so that worked out really well. We just went to a pub and had some drinks and got to have a mini date night.
Saturday we took the trolley tour and went to Forsyth Park for lunch. We brought the babies to the playground, and put them together in the same swing and pushed them. They both loved it! We also did a wine tasting and found another place for an outdoor dinner. Then Bert and I watched Matty on the video monitor while Amanda and Chris went out for oysters and dancing!
Sunday the weather was crappy so we went to the mall and I signed up to audition for Wheel of Fortune, but the wait was too long, so there go my dreams of meeting Pat Sajack :-) We went to Bennigans for dinner and totally pigged out on junk food. I think we're not used to eating like that because Bert was green by the time we got back and got sick! Apparently I have a cast iron stomach, because I was just fine.
Camryn hardly cried or complained the whole trip. As a matter of fact we were walking up to the hotel and I heard a lady tell her friend, "that's that baby that everytime I see her is smiling!". The only times she got even a little fussy was when she was tired because she didn't want to nap with all the excitement!
Here are a few pictures from the weekend:



No comments:
Post a Comment