Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring is in the Air

Lots has been going on at the Gary house so I'm just going to try to hit the key points so this won't be the world's longest blog! Last weekend was nice, Grandma Jennine came to visit and we had a great time. The highlight of the trip was hanging out together at the Cherry Blossom festival. We had amazing weather, and just walked around and looked at crafts. Camryn was strapped to Bert in the baby bjorn and was wearing her "single" bib. She got so much attention! The men were saying to Bert, "Single? She better stay that way! Huh, Dad?" Pretty cute!

The other day, Camryn visited the Easter Bunny at the mall, and wasn't scared! She looks more bewildered than anything, but I'm just glad she didn't cry!

Also Camryn is now eating puffs (little star shaped grain snacks) and drinking from her sippy cup! I have to feed her the puffs for now. It's funny, she holds one in each hand, I call them her "treasures" and then I feed them to her! If I try to hold one in front of her for her to take, she moves her whole head toward my hand! As far as the sippy cup goes, if she's in the highchair I have to hold it for her, but if she's in the boppy, laying back, half the time she'll hold it herself.

Tomorrow we are going to the park with the Harrison's and the Mansfield's, and then they are coming back here and I'm making dinner. I am trying to make mostly Passover dishes, and hone my skills for future Passovers! One day Camryn will be my little assistant chef, and Bert can be off the hook!

Also on Sunday we are celebrating Easter. Tonight we dyed eggs and made chocolate dipped peeps! For dinner we are going to grill up some wings, which I don't think is very traditional, but we'll be spending time together so that's what's important!

Also want to thank Grandma Lori for the tons of spring and summer clothes! Camryn definitely has a fabulous wardrobe thanks to her and Frank!



No comments: