Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Rock A Bye Baby

I think we officially spoiled the baby! For the longest time Camryn would have her bottle and try to squirm out of my arms and pretty much wanted to be left alone and put into the crib to fall asleep. Suddenly she would have her bottle and just cuddle up in my arms or lay with her head on my shoulder and it was so sweet so I (or Bert) would just cuddle and rock her to sleep. Well now she HAS to be rocked to bed. She’s addicted! And it’s naps too! I tried to put her down for her nap and listened to her scream until I couldn’t take it anymore. I scooped her into my arms and she was asleep within a minute. I guess I could have bigger problems then a sweet baby who wants to sleep in my arms.

On another note, the past weekend was great. Saturday we met up with Calvin and Duane who were in town for a white water rafting trip, and we went to Seasons 52 for lunch and did some shopping. Sunday was Bert’s first Father’s Day. Camryn got him a travel mug with her photos on it, and I made him some of his favorites, including biscuits and gravy and a cheesecake. Definitely not a low calorie kind of day. I hope he felt special because he really does do such a great job as a husband and father.

This coming weekend we have Emersen’s first birthday party, which is crazy since I feel like she was just born!! Not to mention she’s about 10 weeks older than Camryn so that means I’ll have a party to start planning soon. Although anyone who knows me knows I’ve been mentally planning it for a while!

For some new Camryn party tricks, she is now dancing. She just sits in her highchair and bops her head around. I have a video I’ll post. Also she was saying “hi” but I’m not sure if it counts as a “first word” since she repeats it. I think I’ll count the official first word when she says something on her own and looks like she has an idea of what it means.

No comments: